Pioneer DJ XDJ-RR All-In-One DJ System – Overview
The XDJ-RR is an All-In-One DJ System, specifically designed to be used with a USB Stick or Rekordbox DJ. Simply turn up to your gig, club night, party or function with the XDJ-RR in one arm and a USB Flash Drive in the other.
The XDJ-RR inherits all the basic Pioneer DJ club-standard features, meaning it’s the perfect upgrade for users moving on from their first DJ setup. The DJ System has a 2 channel mixer and 2 decks, giving you the foundations to perform a mix.
You can view all the essential settings/information on the large 7″ full-colour LCD screen. This includes BPM, Playback Position, Waveforms, Playlists, Tracks and many more.
All these great features are packed inside a compact, lightweight body that’s easy to transport to all your live performances.
Connections For All DJing Environments
The XDJ-RR is made for the DJ that wants a hassle-free setup. You can turn up with the unit and a memory stick, meaning you can start mixing straight away.
To get the most out of your RR, analyse your tracks in Rekordbox using Export Mode. By doing this, it allows you to see the playlists, Waveforms, Key and BPM of your tracks. No DJ wants to mix “blind”, so this is an extremely useful feature.
The XDJ-RR is Hardware Unlock with Rekordbox performance mode, meaning no license key or subscription is needed. Simply plug in the USB cable provided into your laptop and you’re ready to go!
What’s better yet, the XDJ-RR features x2 USB inputs, meaning you can run a backup USB Stick, go B2B with another DJ or use the second USB to record a WAV file of your performance in real-time.
To provide even more confidence in your DJ set, the RR also has an Aux-In. You can have a Smart Device or any other Media Player connected, which is ideal for having backup mixes or playing additional playlists. How many times have you been performing at a wedding and the bride is adamant you play their homemade playlist? Simply hand them an Aux Cable and you can keep them happy. There’s even a Trim Knob, which gives you more control over the Input Volume to avoid unwanted clipping.
Get Creative With Performance Modes and Effects
Add creative flair to your performance with the 4x Performance Buttons. Use these to control 4 different modes, including Hot Cue, Beat Loop, Slip Loop and Beat Jump. Each mode has secondary assignments, which is accessed by holding Shift.
You can smooth up your track transitions with the choice of 4x Sound Colour FX and 3x Beat FX, taken from the DJM-900NXS2 Mixer.
- Sound Colour FX – Filter, Noise, Dub-Echo & Pitch.
- Beat FX – Echo, Reverb & Flanger.
2-Band Mic EQ
As a mobile DJ, providing microphones for speeches or karaoke is a regular occurrence. With the XDJ-RR, you have x1 Combi input for use with one mic, meaning you can MC and use for announcements.
You can make sure the sound is clear and professional sounding, with the use of the 2-Band EQ. There are also switches for ON, OFF and Talkover, covering all bases.
- Club standard CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2 layout and features
- Dual USB ports for easy b2b performances
- 7-inch large screen shows track info, waveforms, and more
- Remix on the fly with remix pads
- Performance controls – hot cues, beat loop, slip loop, and beat jump
- Mixer section with professional FX including beat and sound colour FX
- Quantize control
- Lightweight and portable
- Connects easily to clubs/bars speaker system
- External audio input – play music from external sources or mobile devices thanks to AUX input
- Link export mode for rekordbox – play music through laptop without needing to export them to a USB drive
- Includes rekordbox DJ license key
- Mic input with EQ controls
- Frequency Characteristic: 20Hz to 20kHz (USB, AUX, MIC)
- S/N Ratio: 112dB (USB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003 percent (USB)
- Inputs: AUX x 1 (RCA), MIX x 1 (XLR and 1/4” TRS jack)
- Outputs: Master 1 x 1 (XLR), Master 2 x 1 (RCA), Phones x 2 (1/4” stereo phone jack x 1, 3.5mm stereo mini jack x 1)
- USB: USB (type A) x 2, USB (type B) x 1
- Dimensions: 625 x 388.5 x 74.2mm
- Weight: 5.2kg
- Accessories: Power cord, AC adapter, USB cable, rekordbox license
Excellent value for the money. Great sound quality, intuitive interface, great way to jump from a DJ controller to club gear.
Sam Th. –
I also own a XDJ-XZ and the XDJ-RR by comparison is a unit that is small enough that can be portable. In terms of functionality, it has everything that you would ever need for basic mixing and scratching. I like that the screen is very clear and the brightness is great. The jog wheels are very responsive and accurate. The pitch sliders are very accurate as well, but not as accurate as 100mm pitch faders. The unit does lack in some areas such as inputs, but I purchased this unit to use as stand alone and with Rekordbox. For the intended purpose, it does its job very well. It does not come with a booth out, but that’s no problem. I use the second RCA master out as booth out. I really like this unit.
Very simple to use. Seems a bit to much for a 2 channel mixer but the screen makes up for it. It has 4 buttons on it for effects and 8 channels open. It’s a good fit for those that are intermediate to advanced but it will work for beginners too.
All good, thanks